Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A New Beginning

I have finally figured out how to overcome my blogging dilema. So many times I wish to post about what I am learning in Scripture and from teachings at church. But I also want to post about life. But I don't want anyone to miss anything!

So, I have created a new blog for the sole purpose of posting what I am learning spiritually and what impacts me as I study. A couple weeks ago, I was really haunted by John 17:17 where Christ prays for His disciples, "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth." I want to be sanctified. I want to be sensitive to my sin and confess it. I want to retain Scripture -- both in the way I should live as God's daughter and in the stories He has left us to see His glory. The easiest way for me to know Him and accomplish all of this...is to read the very words He has given us.

If no one reads, that is fine. I also see this as self-accountability. I will have nothing to post if I do not spend time in the Word and in prayer (except for the first few days when I post what I have already studied). But I do hope that my readers will gain encouragement as I post.

I will do several catch up posts. I am in Ecclesiastes right now and there are a couple sermons I want to post notes from.

Get ready to keep up daily!

6 comments:

Autumn said...

funny you started this as I was contemplating starting a second blog also... I was even thinking of doing one where you, Momma, and I are all contributors to more of a "spiritual content" blog.

Anonymous said...

I'll be reading. Looking forward to it.

Jaclyn said...

As I told you while we were talking today.... I to am excited read your thoughts too!!!

Paul said...

Beware, you could always do what comic strip authors do and create their daily pieces three or four at a time, to be published at a later date...

Just ignore the timestamp. I'm not up this late. Nope, would never do anything like that...

Dawn said...

Hmm, you are right, Paul. I could easily abuse the "save as draft" system. :-P Perhaps I will make sure to type up what I learn each day so that I have a running list of drafts to post one a day. So I guess the posts will be what I learned a while back, but I promise to create a new draft every day!

Paul said...

So uh, we're going to need to see a picture of you with a current newspaper with every post.

Sorry for the trouble.