Wednesday, February 01, 2006

3:14 and a Prayer

I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it that men should fear before Him.

Acknowledging God's enduring and perfect work will cause us to revere and worship Him as well as give our lives purpose and meaning as we go about our endeavors. Apart from Him, our lives and endeavors have no meaning and fall short of worthiness.
And take comfort in the fact that God and God alone is in control of everything. EVERYTHING. You can do nothing to mess up His plans for your life. You can do nothing to add to His plans for your life. He is completely sovereign and knows just how to orchestrate every detail so that your life will bring Him the glory due His name. If nothing else, that thought alone should take you to your knees in humble reverence and thanksgiving!
Journaled Prayer:
You are powerful and beyond time itself. And yet you choose to die, to forgive, to live in me. Father, how can I live for any other purpose than You? You made me eternal then chose me to be on Your right side. How could I ever be worthy of such a calling and purpose? I can never be worthy. You called me to a position requiring worthiness...then declared me worthy through Christ's blood. I never would have been worthy otherwise. That, Lord, is the wonder of salvation. Help me to grasp it and believe it all the more -- increasing in my wonder of You!

2 comments:

Castaway said...

Hey hun, I enjoyed reading your thoughts and insights. It is good to know that you are benefiting greatly from your study in Ecclesiastes.

:)

Jaclyn said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts... I love you more and more every day! I am always so encouraged that we struggle and learn together!

God, You are worthy! Thank You for including me in Your plan!