Friday, September 29, 2006

Interview Question 2

Name one thing you believe your husband deserves more of from the world around him. Now name one thing he deserves more of from you.

Well, to set things straight, he would say he deserves nothing. But since you've given me license to brag (and I thank you for it!)...

I believe my husband deserves more recognition. He is very much a "behind the scenes" kind of guy, never wanting public recognition for what he does and always inconveniencing himself for the sake of others. He is VERY smart, an excellent problem solver, and retains information like no one I've known before (something I envy!). He really is a Renaissance man -- draws, writes, sings, builds, fixes, computes. But what I love most is his servant's heart. He uses what he has been given to help others, especially in the technology arena. He never asks for thanks and has even been known to specifically request that his name not be mentioned. He's a hidden treasure, and I'm glad I get to see every last gem and coin!

From me, I believe my husband deserves a longer fuse. I can be quite impatient and easily annoyed/angered, to my sinful fault. Too many times have I given him the "silent treatment" over silly things that do not matter. He can be quite playful and boyish at times which I believe is just part of his personality -- and yet it is at those times that I can be annoyed greatly (ex: repeating the same noise over and over and over...and over). I am much more structured than him when it comes to household tasks and can huff over a shirt folded wrong (he now knows that I WANT to fold 100% of the laundry...because I LIKE it my way). One "wrong" word or look from him, and I can be put out for the rest of the day. This is not to say these situations ALWAYS happen, but they happen too easily when they do. To the point, he's a relaxed guy who deserves a more relaxed wife. This is something I have really been working on lately because I want him to enjoy life at home even more than he already does! Not to mention it's a log in my eye I'm trying to lumberjack out...

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Dawn,
I love your answers :) You are right, Matt is a treasure. I think the family sees the treasure he is, for you and us.

Thank you for your transparency! I'm impressed that you blogged this. I hope it encourages you to know you are not the only "lumberjack" where this is concerned...maybe it is inherited...or....um, unfortunately learned from your mother(no further comment) :|

Jaclyn said...

I love your honesty, my dear, of what you admire in Matt and the weaknesses you see in yourself. I struggle with similar things with my family and I continually think, oh, my poor husband! I thank God for giving me a family who is patient with me (eachother) as I work through dugging log after log out of my eyes!

I love you!