Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Encouragement

I had a hard day last week. Hard emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Judah was fussy and tired. I was fussy and tired. The sun wasn't shining. And I was desperate for some encouragement.

I got it from reading in Psalms. In one of my Bibles, I have highlighted in yellow verses that are uplifting to me. That way I can flip through and read all of them at a glance when I am desperate for a drink of Water.

I happened upon one verse that was near a highlighted one.

I will set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. -Psalm 16:8

How many days to I set Him continually before me? The key word for me is CONTINUALLY. If He really is my First Love, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Friend...should I not be always thinking of Him. Should He not be the motivation behind every word, thought, and deed?

If I am at His feet every day learning of Him and from Him, how often would I have shaken days?

If my mind is continually stayed on the eternal, how often would I be irratable and frustrated with people and situations? With myself?

I am still working on memorizing Psalm 119:33-40, but this passage will be next for sure! Don't you wish you could know everything all at once? Praise the Lord that heaven is coming!

I will bless the Lord who has counseled me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will dwell securely.
For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

~Psalm 16:7-11

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Amen, sister.